- Orient parents/children and mobilize children/youth for the education and tutoring program.
- Maintain batches of children and conduct in person/virtual tutoring sessions in accordance with the Zambian education curriculum.
- Coordinate with local schools where sponsored children/youth attend, to determine target students in need of additional/supplemental support.
- Evaluate the children by using the tools provided and share with supervisor.
- Conduct regular meetings with parents (quarterly or depending on Agency program design).
- Conduct home visits for children who are irregular or drop out from the program.
- Use the curriculum—defining the key message and the activities and gather or prepare materials for the sessions.
- Distribute stationery to children enrolled under the learning resource center or classroom at the community center.
- Host regular orientations with parents, and possible home visits of children who are irregular or drop out from the program.
- Facilitate life skills activities based on the frequency established by the agency.
- Coordinate with local educational institutions, community partners in education, and other organizations and experts in order to support sponsored children/youth, academically.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, and mental safety of all children.
- Ensure the learning resource center is child friendly and a safe space for children.
- Participate in distribution activities as determined by the agency
- Check data quality with program stakeholder partners, center coordinator, MEL lead and program lead.
- Produce activity reports and other M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required
- Support MEL Lead, Center coordinator and Program lead to review quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for program evaluation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS:
- Good command over subject matter. Diploma studies in education/social sciences/equivalent is highly desirable.
- At least 1 – 2 years teaching experience of primary/secondary grade children, with proven didactic skills.
- Experience delivering education sessions using different teaching methodology and medium of instruction (including online teaching techniques, classroom method, hybrid approach -a mix of classroom and online teaching-, etc.)
- Ability to establish rapport children and parents in a way so that the children willingly participate and improve academically and behaviorally.
- Ability to provide creativity and innovation, dynamic activity, planning sessions, and comfort with technology.
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills to conduct field visits, meetings/session/training in vulnerable communities with different stakeholders
- Ability to work with children and understanding of child related issues
- Self-motivated and proactive with a high level of compassion, empathy, integrity, and passion to work on complex social causes, especially the cause of children and youth
- Actively pursues learning and self-development; seeks feedback; modifies behavior considering right feedback.
- Believes in collaboration and teamwork.
In addition to the above, the following are highly desirable in the ideal candidate:
- Understanding of social sector interventions particularly in education
- Communication skills in English or other local languages as relevant
Travel Requirement: Willingness to visit sponsored communities, whether near or far from the community center.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
January 27, 2023