The Institution and Cafeteria Cook will prepare and cook large batches of food that will be served to employees etc
- Oversees and directs workers assisting with the preparation and serving of meals.
- Trains new employees.
- Cleans, cuts, prepares, and cooks meat, fish, or poultry to a safe temperature.
- Prepares and cooks various items according to menus, special dietary or nutritional requirements, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Apportions and serves food
- Washes cooking equipment such as pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other pieces.
- Develops, compiles, and maintains food records regarding use and expenditures.
- Inventories supplies and equipment.
- Determines, or assists in determining, meals, menus,
- Ensures the cleanliness and functional operation of galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas by routinely cleaning and inspecting each piece.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain personal cleanliness.
Education and Experience:
- High school or vocational school coursework in kitchen basics, such as food safety, preferred.
- One year of related experience preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 13, 2023