MANAGER – CUSTOMS & EXCISE TAXES (HEAD OFFICE- LUSAKA) (01)
The Required Skills for this Role Include:
- Maintaining sound working relationships with all key stakeholders on imports and exports.
- Providing input on customs legislative requirements for communication internally.
- Preparing tax workings for Group excisable products and ensuring that tax returns and payments are done timeously, secured, filed, and indexed for future reference and audit- purposes.
- Preparing monthly reports of all Group imports for tax compliance review and reporting purposes.
- Developing and maintaining the harmonized commodity description and coding system (HS Codes) Data base of products regularly imported by the Group to ensure correct classification and access to available benefits.
The Required Qualifications are:
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits.
- Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding, Degree in Accountancy or Part/Full ACCA, CIMA, ZICA or Equivalent.
- Atleast 5 years accounting and tax experience.
- Good working knowledge of tax administration and risk management within the business environment.
The Required Attributes Include:
- Good understanding of the taxation framework and control environment
- Ability to prioritize, manage complexity and deal with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Good understanding of global and domestic economic trends.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills, Ability to influence senior management across the business.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their applications letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 3rd February, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.