The High Commission of the Republic of Mozambique in Zambia, invites applications from Zambians nationals to fill up the following positions.
1. Administrative Assistant;
1. Job Description for Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Have Grade 12 Certificate; additional qualifications as an administrative assistant or secretary will be an advantage;
- Have a proven experience of two (02) or three (03) years as an administrative assistant;
- Possess knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Possess working knowledge of office equipment such as printers and fax
- Have some proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint mainly);
- Possess excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work;
- Candidate with a due attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Be at least fluent in English (spoken and written), Portuguese is an advantage.
- Able to answer and direct telephone calls;
- Be able to organise and schedule meetings and appointments;
- Plan regular meetings and take detailed minutes;
- Able to write and distribute emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms;
- Provide some assistance in the preparation of periodic reports;
- Able to develop and maintain a filing system;
- Be able to update and maintain office policies and procedures;
- Able to provide general support to visitors;
- Always act as a point of contact for potential internal and external clients.
1. Job Description for Driver
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualified to drive the vehicle transporting people, materials and others as requested. Taking care and respecting the road code and safety principles in force of the organization under the supervision of the Administrative and Financial Attaché;
- Be able to comply with the work schedule and check the existence and proper functioning of the horn and light signalling equipment;
- Always fill out reports on the use of the vehicle with data relative to mileage, time of departure and other occurrences during the performance of the work;
- Ensure that they immediately inform the Administrative and Financial Attaché in case of accident, incident or damage and assist or provide support whenever deemed pertinent;
- Ensure that they are informed about the daily itinerary made available and drive the vehicle on trips inside and outside the national territory
- Always respect and control the deadlines for the vehicle reviews and in case of mechanical problems, must inform the supervisor immediately;
- Able to look after the conservation and safety of the vehicle by providing cleaning, adjustments and small repairs, as well as requesting its maintenance when necessary;
- Ensure that he/she keep up to date with the country’s traffic regulations and legislation;
- Be somewhat available to work outside office hours when necessary;
- Able to perform other duties or activities as required.
- Have Grade 12 certificate.
- Have a minimum of five (05) years working experience in the area of transport in Executive work place;
- Have a valid professional and public service driving license; and
- Knowledge of the country’s roadways.
Interested applicants should forward their detailed, Curriculum Vitae and cover letter indicating the position and send as one document by email to email@example.com or hard copies delivered to the office. Documents should be submitted from the 9th of January to the 23d of February 2023:
High commission of the Republic of Mozambique
9592, Kacha Road, North Mead, Lusaka, Zambia From 9:00 to 14:30 Mon-Friday.
Not that short-listed candidates will be contacted.